If you enjoy Crab Rangoon but dislike the extra oil required for deep frying, try this simple air fryer Crab Rangoon recipe instead. Crispy and delicious, these Crab Rangoons are a healthy alternative to the fried variety. They’ll be a hit whether you serve them as an appetizer or a main course.
Air-Fried Crab Rangoons
- Use your air fryer to make these tasty crab rangoons with just a few simple ingredients: wonton wrappers cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, lump crab meat, green onions, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cream cheese mozzarella cheese, crab meat, green onions, garlic powder, and salt are all you need to make the filling. Next, fill the wonton wrappers with the mixture and air fry them at 400 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes. Enjoy with your preferred dipping sauce.
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In the meantime, combine the crab meat, scallion, and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Spread out the wonton wrappers on a counter, and use a soup spoon to fill each one with the filling.
- Wrappers are sealed by brushing water along their edges and folding them into triangles before being pressed shut.
- The triangles should be sprayed with cooking spray and placed on a baking sheet.
- Air-fry for 3–5 minutes until golden and crispy, spraying the top of each triangle with more cooking spray halfway through. Quickly dish it out!
How to Get the Perfectly Crispy Crab Rangoon in the Air Fryer
1. Prepare the crab rangoons as the air fryer heats up. This will promote more uniform cooking.
2. Get the right balance of crispy exterior and smooth interior by using wonton wrappers.
3. Be cautious not to overfill the wrappers with the crab mixture.
4. Wrapper must be sealed securely to prevent filling from escaping while cooking.
5. Avoid crowding the air fryer basket by cooking in batches if necessary.
6. Serve right away with sweet and sour or your preferred dipping sauce.
Changes and Substitutes
If you don’t have access to an air fryer, a deep fryer will do in a pinch. Bring the oil to a temperature of 165 C (350 F). The crab rangoons need about 2–3 minutes in hot oil to achieve a golden brown color. Waste water on paper towels.
Wrappers for egg rolls can stand in for won tons in a pinch. Divide them in half, then proceed as stated.
Add some chopped water chestnuts to the filling for extra crunch in the crab rangoon.
Data on Dietary Supplements
This recipe for crab rangoons made in an air fryer is foolproof. Not only is it nutritious and tasty, but it also takes very little time to prepare. Everything you need to know about making this delicious dish is right here.
Wrappers for wontons, one package
1 block of softened cream cheese, 8 ounces
a quarter of a cup of shredded mozzarella
a quarter cup of diced red pepper
Green onion, diced (about a quarter cup)
1 tsp of dried minced garlic
A Pinch of Salt
1. Air fryer temperature should be set to 375 degrees F. 2. Cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, green onion, garlic powder, and salt should all be combined in a large bowl. 3. To make a rangoon, lay out a wonton wrapper and place 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center. To open the package, wet your fingers and gently run them along the rim. Wrap the filling in the wrapper and crimp the edges to secure them. 4. Use the rest of the filling and wrappers and do it again. 5. Lightly spray a basket with cooking spray and arrange 6-8 rangoon in a single layer inside. To get a golden brown and crispy exterior, cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Serve
In 2023, you can test this recipe for air-fried crab rangoons with confidence. This crab rangoon made in an air fryer is perfect for a quick bite on the go or as an appetizer at your next party. The end result is one of the tastiest snacks you can make with minimal effort, and it comes together quickly and easily. When the time comes, try it out for yourself; we’re confident that you’ll enjoy it as much as the rest of us!