With a crisp, breadcrumb coating, nutrient packed eggplant and just enough cheese, these Air Fryer Eggplant Parm Tots have all the flavors of your favorite dish in a tasty, handheld, appetizer form. Sure, I’m pairing them with Bachelor content here but I’ve served these as a dinner side dish and even as a football tailgate food. It doesn’t matter when you eat them, you just have to make sure that you do.
So, whether you’re watching the Bachelor religiously or whether you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, you need to try these. Bachelor Monday, football Sunday, Wednesday night family dinner, these Air Fryer Eggplant Parm Tots are a must-have treat everyone will enjoy.
Air Fryer Eggplant Parm Tots
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Step 1 Slice your eggplant into rounds then pulse in a food processor until fully grated. Drain eggplant of as much excess liquid as possible, I often wring it out in a kitchen towel
- Step 2 Combine drained eggplant with egg, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper
- Step 3 Form eggplant mixture into 24 “tot” shapes
- Step 4 Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Spray basket with cooking spray
- Step 5 Roll each tot in panko until evenly coated
- Step 6 Add tots to prepared air fryer in batches. Spray tops with cooking spray
- Step 7 Fry for 3 minutes then pause and shake basket contents. Continue frying for 2 additional minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown
These taste even better dipped in your favorite marinara sauce. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these tots at 375 degrees for about 16 minutes or until browned and crisp. Cooking for one? Leftovers of these tots freeze really well! I usually make a whole batch (or even a double) eat some throughout the week and freeze the extras.
Panko is a Japanese style breadcrumb that you should be able to find in your supermarket, either with the regular breadcrumbs or in the “Asian” section