If you love falafel but are looking for a healthier option, these air fryer spinach falafel are perfect! Made with chickpeas, spinach, and spices, they are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Serve them on a salad or in a wrap for a delicious and easy meal.
Benefits of Eating Air Fryer Spinach Falafel
Eating air fryer spinach falafel has numerous benefits. One, it is a great source of plant-based protein. Two, it is high in fiber and low in calories. Three, it is a good source of vitamins and minerals. And four, it is a delicious and easy to make recipe!
Air Fryer Spinach Falafel
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- - 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves chopped
- - 1 small onion chopped
- - 3 cloves of garlic minced
- - 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour or chickpea flour
- - 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- - 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- - 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- - 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- - 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, combine cooked spinach, chickpeas, garlic, onion, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pulse until everything is finely chopped.
- Scoop out small balls of the mixture (about 2 tablespoons each) and place them on a plate or cutting board.
- Lightly mist the falafel balls with olive oil or cooking spray. This will help them brown and crisp up in the air fryer.
- Place the falafel balls in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you may need to cook them in batches). Cook for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Serve warm with tzatziki sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Variations on the Recipe
There are many ways to vary this recipe. You could use different herbs or spices in the falafel mix. You could also add in some chopped vegetables, such as onions, peppers, or mushrooms. If you want a bit more of a crunch, you could try adding some chopped nuts or seeds to the mix. And of course, feel free to experiment with different dipping sauces!
Tips and Tricks for Making the Perfect Air Fryer Spinach Falafel Every Time
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy vegan meal, look no further than this air fryer spinach falafel recipe! These little balls of goodness are packed with flavor and nutrients, and they’re so easy to make. Here are some tips and tricks for making the perfect air fryer spinach falafel every time:
1. Preheat your air fryer before adding the falafel. This will help them cook evenly and prevent sticking.
2. Use fresh spinach for the best flavor and texture. If you use frozen spinach, make sure to thaw it first and squeeze out any excess water.
3. To get that signature crispy exterior, coat thefalafel in a bit of oil before cooking. This also helps them not stick to the air fryer basket.
4. Cook the falafel in batches if necessary so they have plenty of space to crisp up. overcrowding will result in soggy falafel.
5 Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy as is! These air fryer spinach falafel are best enjoyed fresh out of the fryer while they’re still hot and crispy.
Nutritional Information for Air Fryer Spinach Falafel
Assuming you are looking for a nutritional analysis of air fryer spinach falafel, one serving of this dish contains:
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 480 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 7 g
In addition, air fryer spinach falafel is a good source of iron and vitamin A.
Air-fryer spinach falafel is an easy and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed anytime. Whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just as an everyday meal, this recipe will have your guests coming back for more! With its nutritious ingredients and simple preparation, air-fried spinach falafel makes a great addition to any meal. Check back in 2023 for more recipes featuring air-frying techniques!