You can double, halve or otherwise customize them to your heart’s desire, whatever you try, they’re (almost) guaranteed to be delicious. So, next time you’re looking for a new breakfast, be sure to give this recipe a try. They’re super tasty and guaranteed to brighten up your morning. No nihilistic introspection required.
Banana Pancake Muffin Minis
- 2 bananas divided
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1.5 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 mini muffin tins with cooking spray
- STEP 2Chop one of your 2 bananas into small pieces. Set aside
- STEP 3In a medium bowl, mash second banana then pour in pancake mix, milk and egg. Stir well
- STEP 4Add in chopped banana and fold until well combined
- STEP 5Divide muffin batter evenly between prepared muffin tins, each about ¾ full. For me, there were about 34 per batch
- STEP 6Bake muffins in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- STEP 7When muffins are cool enough to handle, remove from muffin tins and allow to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack
34 mini muffins might seem like a ton coming from a singles friendly recipe site! Keep in mind, though, that one serving is actually 3 Muffin Minis. Also, they’re freezer friendly so they’re great to prep in advance and have all winter long.
I pretty much always have a bag of peeled bananas in my freezer. Wait until the fresh ones are just a little bit overripe to freeze and they’ll be great to just quickly thaw to bake with.
To make these Muffin Minis even more fun, serve with powdered sugar and or maple syrup! You can also stir any other favorite pancake toppings (chocolate chips would be delicious!) into the batter before baking.