These BBQ Chicken Pizza Bites are best when eaten with friends then again, no shade if you want to devour a batch alone. But, with sweet BBQ sauce, tangy red onion and plenty of cheese, can you really blame me. These BBQ Chicken Pizza Bites are a fun, crispy way to get the classic flavor fix in a poppable, versatile, healthier form.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Bites
- 6 oz cooked shredded chicken breast, from about 8 oz uncooked
- 5 tablespoons BBQ sauce I use Sweet Baby Rays
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- ½ cup tomato chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 wonton wrappers quartered
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, mozzarella, red onion and tomato
- Step 3 Stir well then season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Step 4 Spray a mini muffin tin (24 mini muffin cups) with cooking spray
- Step 5 Place 1 wonton quarter into the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Top evenly with half of chicken mixture, about a teaspoon per mini muffin cup
- Step 6 Top filling with remaining wonton quarters then add remaining chicken mixture
- Step 7 Sprinkle tops of bites evenly with parmesan cheese
- Step 8 Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until wonton edges are browned and crisp
If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand, bring a pot of water to a boil and add uncooked chicken breasts. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on chicken’s thickness, until cooked through. Chicken should be easily shreddable with 2 forks.
Wonton wrappers are a great, versatile ingredient you should be able to find in any major grocery store! Mine has them in a refrigerated section of the produce department with plant based cheeses.
Want to eat these BBQ Chicken Pizza Bites as a larger treat? Use a regular muffin tin! Place a wonton wrapper in 6, greased muffin cups. Top with half of filling. Cover with a second layer of wontons and the rest of the filling. Baking instructions stay the same.