When it comes to fall desserts, nothing is more quintessential than caramel apples. And what could be better than bite-sized caramel apple donut holes? These little nuggets of goodness are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without going overboard.
Caramel Apple Donut Holes
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- For the caramel coating you will need:
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- And finally for the applesauce filling, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Next, take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Then, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set this mixture aside as well.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Then, beat in the eggs until everything is well combined.
- Now, add in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little bit at a time until everything is just combined - be careful not to overmix!
- Finally, fold in the grated apple until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- To make the caramel topping, simply combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth - stirring frequently.
- 7 . Now it's time to assemble! Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, drop balls of dough into the prepared baking sheet - making sure to leave enough space in between each one for them to spread out while baking. Be sure to use wet hands when handling the dough so it doesn't stick too much!
- 8 . Once all of the dough has been scooped out, use a fork or your fingers to press down slightly on each ball - this will help them keep their shape while baking. Then, using a pastry brush or spoon, generously top each donut hole with the prepared caramel
Some of the benefits of eating caramel apple donut holes include:
1. Boosting Energy Levels: Caramel apple donut holes are a good source of carbohydrates, which can help to boost energy levels.
2. Improving Digestion: The fiber content in caramel apple donut holes can help to improve digestion and prevent constipation.
3. Promoting Weight Loss: The high protein and fiber content in caramel apple donut holes can help promote weight loss by keeping you feeling full and satisfied after eating.
4. Reducing Inflammation: The antioxidants in caramel apples can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
5. Supporting Heart Health: The phytonutrients in caramel apples have been shown to support heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and improving blood circulation.
Tips For Making the Recipe Easier
1. Make the recipe easier by using pre-made caramel apples. You can find these at most grocery stores in the fall.
2. If you don’t have time to make your own dough, you can use store-bought dough. Just be sure to roll it out thinly so the donut holes are nice and crispy.
3. To get that perfect apple flavor, use a good quality apple cider in the recipe.
Variations on the Recipe
There are many ways to make CARAMEL APPLE DONUT HOLES, and the recipe can be easily adapted to your liking. Here are some variations on the recipe:
- Add a handful of chopped nuts to the batter for a crunchy twist.
- For a chocolate lovers version, add some cocoa powder to the batter.
- If you want a really indulgent treat, coat the finished donut holes in melted chocolate.
- For a festive touch, sprinkle the donut holes with cinnamon sugar before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for Caramel Apple Donut Holes and can’t wait to try it out in 2023! We love the combination of sweet caramel, tart apple, and a crunchy donut hole that makes these treats perfect for any occasion. Not only are they delicious but they are also so easy to make that anyone can whip up a batch in no time. From start to finish, this recipe will take less than an hour and is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. So if you’re looking for an impressive dessert or snack idea that won’t take too much effort, give these Caramel Apple Donut Holes a try!