These lettuce wraps with cashew chicken are the perfect solution for a fast and healthy weeknight meal. They can be prepared in under 30 minutes with only a handful of basic ingredients, and they provide a healthy and filling meal.
The first step is to cook some chicken breast in oil until it is completely done. Then pour in your preferred stir-fry sauce and mix in some chopped cashews. After a few minutes of simmering, serve in lettuce leaves.
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts weighing one pound, diced into small pieces
- Cashews raw, 1/2 cup
- 14 cup of chopped onion
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- Diced red pepper one
- 14 cup of cilantro chopped
- Hoisin sauce about 2 tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar of Rice
- Sodium-reduced soy sauce 1 tbsp.
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Eight to ten romaine lettuce leaves
- First, combine the cornflour, soy sauce, rice vinegar and chicken broth in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Don't bother with right now.
- Second, get the oil hot in a large frying pan or wok. Then, after 30 seconds of stirring, add the garlic and ginger.
- Third, put in the chicken and stir-fry for three minutes, or until done.
- Fourth, stir-fry the cashews for a minute.
- Toss in the lettuce leaves and serve.
- Serve the mixture immediately by dividing it among the lettuce leaves.
Hints for Simplifying the Recipe
This recipe is perfect for those who are pressed for time but still want to put together a healthy and satisfying meal. For your convenience, I’ve included the following hints and suggestions:
One time-saving option is to pre-cook the chicken and then simply reheat it before assembling the wraps.
Another time-saving suggestion is to buy pre-chopped vegetables. These are commonly located in the grocery store’s fresh produce section.
Third, if you don’t have much time to chop everything by hand, a food processor can do most of the work for you. Preparation time will decrease dramatically as a result of this.
4. Prepare additional filling: This recipe yields enough for four wraps, but it can be easily doubled or tripled if more are needed. Perfect for making ahead of time or eating later!
Tips and Tricks to Speed Up Dinner
Turn the oven on to 375 degrees F. 1. (190 degrees C).
To make the sauce, combine the cashew butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic in a small bowl and stir to combine. Don’t bother with right now.
brown the chicken and cook it all the way through in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook the bell peppers and onions for an additional 5 minutes after step 4.
Add the cashew butter mixture and stir to combine; continue cooking for 1 minute.
Lay a lettuce leaf flat, then spoon some of the chicken mixture into the centre. Wrap up warm and relish the ride.
Meal’s Detailed Nutrition Facts
If you’re asking about the wraps’ nutritional value, a single serving includes:
Fat: 14.5 g
2.5 g of Saturated Fat
Lipoprotein(a): 102 mg
The amount of sodium in 762 mg
33.5 g of carbohydrates
Five grammes of fibre
Weighing in at 16 grammes of protein
These lettuce wraps are a great choice for a light and flavorful meal on the go. The chicken is an excellent source of protein, and the vegetables add healthy fats, carbs, and fibre. Cashews are a great source of heart-healthy fats and a satisfying crunch.
Methods Other Than Eating It That You Can Try
Wrap all the ingredients in a large lettuce leaf and eat it like a burrito for a quick and easy meal. If you’re looking for a low-carb alternative that doesn’t sacrifice flavour, this is it.
Serve over rice: If you aren’t watching your carb intake, rice is a great accompaniment to this dish. It’s a heartier option that’s just as tasty.
If you’re watching your carb intake, you can make this into a delicious chicken salad by omitting the wraps. All you have to do is chop up the ingredients and toss them with your preferred dressing.
You can make this healthy and delicious meal of lettuce wraps with cashew chicken in just 15 minutes. Chicken, cashews, and fresh vegetables are just a few of the nutritious ingredients in these dishes. When you’re pressed for time but craving a satisfying meal, these are the way to go! If you try this recipe today, you won’t be sorry.