This Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake is a decadent, delicious meal that combines all your major food groups in an easy, healthy, throw together dinner. I know stuffing is usually reserved for turkey and Thanksgiving but, c’mon, it’s way too tasty to confine it to one week of the year!
So, whether you read my above description of maintenance and thought “yup, we’re on the same page” or “why is this chick so gross and unreasonable”, you gotta try this one. We can debate high vs. low maintenance in dating but I don’t think anyone can argue that low maintenance, delicious dinners are always a win.
Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake
- 1 lb thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 6 slices thin-sliced swiss cheese
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 6 oz box of chicken stuffing mix
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread chicken evenly across bottom of dish
- Step 3 Cover the chicken with cheese. You can rip slices into pieces as needed to make it as even as possible
- Step 4 Pour soup over cheese and spread evenly with a rubber spatula
- Step 5 Sprinkle chopped broccoli over soup layer
- Step 6 Mix melted butter with stuffing mix and sprinkle evenly over the top of the entire casserole.
- Step 7 Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until stuffing is browned and edges are bubbling
Do your best to spread everything evenly but it will all meld during baking so don’t stress about it!
This casserole freezes well so I usually preserve leftovers by wrapping individual portions in tin foil and storing them in a labeled freezer bag. When I want one, I’ll thaw it overnight in the fridge or for a few hours at room temperature and then heat it in the microwave, stove or toaster oven.
You can definitely assemble this casserole ahead of time, cover it, then just put it in the oven about 40 minutes before you’re ready to eat.