Sweet, a little spicy, and oh-so-flavorful, these Chinese Chicken Wonton Cups are like a whole meal in portable form, perfect for both portion control and meal-prep. These also come together so easily and quickly and leave you with a filling meal option for the rest of the week. So, that guy might have maxed out his options at only 3 dates.
Chinese Chicken Wonton Cups
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or fresh ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Tablespoon sriracha
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 2 green onions chopped
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 2 Heat sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes
- Step 3 Add ground chicken and break it up with a spatula or wooden spoon until fully crumbled and cooked through, about 5 minutes
- Step 4 Add in ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sriracha. Stir to combine
- Step 5 Pour in mushrooms, broccoli slaw and green onions. Cook entire mixture over medium heat until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 more minutes
- Step 6 Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Step 7 Place one wonton wrapper into each prepared cup. Divide half of chicken mixture between wonton cups
- Step 8 Repeat, topping each pile of chicken with another wonton, then dividing the remaining mixture between them
- Step 9 Bake in preheated oven about 18 minutes or until wonton edges are golden brown and crisp
Like most lunches, I meal prep these and eat them throughout the week. You can reheat these in the microwave but I highly recommend a toaster oven or an air fryer if you have one! Either will help keep the edges crispy, link to my favorite air-fryer below.
Some of these ingredients might be unfamiliar to you but I found them all at my local supermarket. Wonton wrappers are usually in a refrigerated area of the produce department and the sauces are typically in an “Asian” section but I’ll link some options below, just in case.