Now that I remember its deliciousness, I can promise that this recipe will be a part of my regular dinner rotation. I highly recommend that you add it to yours as well.
So, maybe dating apps have given some of us a bit of a warped idea of conversational etiquette. If I can count on all annoying app-habits to give me something this delicious, though, I might just keep on putting up with them.
Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 clove garlic minced
- About 5 oz uncooked chicken breast
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- 1 teaspoon basil paste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt + pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Step 1 Poke several holes in your sweet potato using a fork. Bake for about an hour at 375 degrees or air-fry for about half an hour at 390 degrees, until potato is tender
- Step 2 Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add garlic and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Step 3 Add chicken and continue to heat until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes, depending on chicken’s thickness
- Step 4 Add broccoli to the skillet then stir in chipotle paste, basil paste, chili powder, cumin, dried rosemary, salt and pepper
- Step 5 Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until broccoli reaches desired texture, about 5 minutes for me
- Step 6 Once potato is fully cooked, cut in half lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper then top each halve with some of the chicken mixture
- Step 7 Sprinkle cheese over sweet potato halves then return to oven or air-fryer until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes
You should be able to find Chipotle and Basil Pastes in the herb section of your produce department! If you can’t though, feel free to omit them or to use fresh or dried basil and chipotle peppers in adobo.
This dinner changes entirely depending on the size of your sweet potato! Want it even lighter? Look for one of the tiny ones hidden in the pile. Want a more filling, substantial meal, go for the bigger ones! There’s no wrong way to eat this Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato.