Enjoy this tasty, simple, and versatile Chipotle Corn Salad at your next gathering! The best part about this salad is that it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week. The healthful and delicious ingredients in this salad will impress your guests.
Chipotle Corn Salad
- -4 husked ears of corn
- 1/2 diced red onion
- -One-half cup of chopped cilantro
- 0-1 diced jalapeo pepper optional: remove seeds if heat is too much
- One lime squeezed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- Mix the corn, black beans, tomatoes, and onions in a big bowl.
- Mix the chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing to coat.
- If desired, serve chilled.
What You Need to Know to Make the Best Chipotle Corn Salad
1. Fresh maize is the first step. Use maize that is still in the husk if at all possible. The husk serves a dual purpose of keeping the corn moist and adding flavor while it cooks.
2. The corn should be charred all over in a hot skillet. However, it can become tough if overcooked.
3. Corn kernels should be removed from the cob and placed in a large bowl.
4. Toss in some avocado cubes, chopped cilantro, red onion, and crumbled feta.
5. Toss the salad with the dressing of your choice and toss again to coat. Olive oil, lime juice, and adobo-sauced chipotle peppers are a favorite of ours, but feel free to get creative!
6. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the salad, and serve right away.
Recipe Variations to Attempt
Here are some alternatives to try if you’re looking to spice things up a bit with this recipe:
Corn salad can be made heartier by including either black beans or pinto beans.
You can substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.
-Instead of diced tomatoes, try using diced avocado.
The salad would benefit from some finely chopped fresh cilantro.
Add some diced jalapeo peppers for heat to the salad.
Data on Dietary Supplements
This maize salad is a great option for a healthy and tasty side dish at any summer picnic or barbecue. It’s a nutrient and flavor powerhouse that will impress any crowd.
1 (15-ounce) can of corn, drained
Red onion, diced, 1/2 cup
Green bell pepper, diced, 1/4 cup
1 diced and seeded jalapeo pepper
One-fourth cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp. of dried, ground cumin
Thank you for trying out this recipe for Chipotle Corn Salad. The savory chipotle, fresh corn, and smooth avocado in this salad are a match made in culinary heaven. It goes well with just about anything, and you can make it exactly how you like it. This Chipotle Corn Salad is perfect for any occasion, whether you need a quick lunch or something to bring to a potluck. Enjoy!