This recipe for chicken and broccoli pot pie without a crust is a delectable and nutritious take on a traditional comfort dish. This recipe will surely satisfy your palate because to its succulent chicken bits, soft broccoli, and aromatic herbs and spices—all without the needless extra calories of a classic pie crust. It’s not only simple to prepare, but it’s also ideal for anyone seeking a low-carb or gluten-free lunch. So let’s start the stove and chow down on this delicious pie!
Crustless Chicken and Broccoli Pot Pie
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- ½ tablespoon flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup broccoli chopped
- ¼ cup carrots chopped
- 3 oz cooked shredded chicken breast, from 4 oz raw
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 serving Cheddar Broccoli Tots I’ve used Green Giant frozen tots when I didn’t have homemade on hand.
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Step 2 Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes
- Step 3 Sprinkle flour over vegetables. Stir to combine
- Step 4 Pour in chicken broth. Add broccoli and carrots and bring mixture to a boil
- Step 5 Reduce heat and simmer until liquid begins to thicken, about five minutes, stirring regularly
- Step 6 Stir in shredded chicken, salt and pepper
- Step 7 Spray a small baking dish or ramekin with cooking spray. Pour in chicken mixture then top with tots (if using frozen, do not defrost)
- Step 8 Cook in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until tots are crisp and dish is bubbling around the edges.
You can absolutely use store bought Cheddar Broccoli Tots! For me, I generally freeze about half of my homemade ones in individual servings so that when I need some, I always have them on hand. If you don’t have cooked chicken, you can boil your uncooked breast until fully cooked (usually between 10 and 20 minutes depending on thickness) and then shred easily with 2 forks.