These Easy Crispy Coconut Shrimp are so easy to make but give any occasion a fun, festive twist, all while being incredibly good for you. They are packed with protein and very low in carbs and fat making them the perfect treat when you’re trying to stay lean.
Eat them as an appetizer, with a salad or with your favorite carby side dish of choice and I promise you’ll have an instant winner on your hands. So, no, maybe the ousted women don’t want Easy Crispy Coconut Shrimp as much as they want that ridiculously beautiful Matt James.
Easy and Crispy Coconut Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 oz uncooked shrimp
- Step 1 In a small dish, combine Panko and coconut. Season with salt and pepper
- Step 2 Place egg white in another small dish and flour on a third
- Step 3 Dip each shrimp into the flour, shaking off any excess, then into the egg white, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with all shrimp
- Step 4 To air fry: preheat fryer to 390 degrees. Spray basket with cooking spray then cook shrimp for 3 minutes, flip, and air fry for another 2 minutes. Shrimp should be fully cooked and coating should be crisp
- Step 5 To bake: preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Line up shrimp on prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip and cook for another 6 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked and coating is crisp
These taste great on their own but even better dipped in your favorite sweet chili sauce. Panko breadcrumbs are a Japanese style breadcrumb that should be easy to find at any major grocery store. In mine, they are kept right next to regular breadcrumbs. I always keep a bag of frozen, uncooked shrimp in my freezer! That way I can always count on having the right amount without worrying about quality or freshness.
This recipe makes a single serving of Easy Crispy Coconut Shrimp but it is so easy to double (or more) for a larger crowd