These Fully Loaded Bacon Cheddar Potato Rounds are as good as it gets for an appetizer. They’re loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions, and they’re crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. If you want to see a quick end to your next party, serve these.
Fully Loaded Bacon Cheddar Potato Rounds
- 1 lb. quartered small red potatoes
- 8 oz. diced raw bacon
- 1/3 cup of crumbled cheddar
- One-fourth cup of minced green onions
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- To taste with salt and pepper
- Set oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Spread some butter on a baking sheet.
- Mix crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and mashed potatoes in a medium bowl. Blend together effectively.
- Make 1-inch balls from the mixture. Transfer to the baking sheet you have just gotten ready.
- To get a golden brown color, bake for 25 minutes.
How to Make Perfectly Rounded Potatoes
Look for potatoes that are firm and free of blemishes or bruising, and then wash them thoroughly under cold water to get them ready for making the best potato rounds possible.
After that, slice the potatoes very thinly; a mandoline slicer works best for this, but a sharp knife will do in a pinch; and arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spread a thin layer of butter over each potato round, then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, dividing the toppings evenly so that each potato round is fully loaded.
Last but not least, place in an oven preheated to 400 degrees and bake until potatoes are soft and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- You can play around with this recipe in many different ways.
- Substitute mozzarella or Swiss cheese for the cheddar if you prefer.
- For more flavor, mix in some chopped green onions or chives with the potato rounds.
- Spicy diced jalapeos or other hot peppers would be a great addition to this dish.
- To make the potato rounds more filling, you can add crumbled cooked bacon or sausage.
Tips for the Service
There is no limit to the ways in which these tasty potato rounds can be served, but here are a few of our favorites:
Pair with your favorite grilled or roasted meats as a side dish.
These are delicious as an appetizer with a savory dipping sauce of your choice.
For a filling breakfast or brunch, try topping it with a fried egg.
To make a Tex-Mex tater tot of epic proportions, stuff with shredded chicken, cheese, and salsa.
With just a few simple ingredients, these fully-loaded potato rounds will be sure to please everyone! With minimal preparation time, they are the perfect addition to any meal. So give this recipe a try today and enjoy the delicious taste of fully-loaded bacon cheddar potato rounds!