You can try any number of ways to eat Chicken Tinga, on the other hand, and still always find success. Salads, rice dishes a fork directly into the pot, you simply can’t go wrong! Despite this versatility, though, I think my favorite option would have to be these Healthy Chicken Tinga Tacos!
Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or any other night of the week, they come together so quickly and are far too delicious not to become an instant favorite. Plus, they’re full of protein, fiber and all kinds of nutrition!
Healthy Chicken Tinga Tacos
- 1 high fiber tortilla I use Mission Brand Carb Balance Flour
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1 serving Chicken Tinga see tips below or enter easy chicken tinga into my search bar
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 0.5 oz cotija or reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce optional
- Step 1 Warm tortilla in the microwave for 5-10 seconds
- Step 2 Layer fresh spinach, then prepared chicken then salsa in the center of the tortilla
- Step 3 Sprinkle cheese over taco and season with hot sauce to taste
Here’s another link to my Easy Chicken Tinga, just in case you don’t have it! Scroll to the tips on that post for instructions on making a single serving, if desired If you haven’t tried Mission Brand’s Carb Balance Flour Tortillas you need to! They are crazy high in fiber but I swear I’d never know from the taste that they’re healthy
I love my cheddar but I’d definitely recommend trying cotija cheese if you haven’t! It is already low in fat and has tons of flavor! In my supermarket, it’s kept in the nicer, block cheese section within the produce area