This recipe is for you if you’re in the mood for a tasty and nutritious twist on the classic mac and cheese muffin. Whole wheat flour, low-fat cheddar cheese, and Greek yogurt give these mac and cheese muffins a nutritional and protein boost. Plus, you just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and pop them in the oven.
Mac and Cheese Muffin Recipe
- 1 measure of whole wheat flour
- a single cup of shredded cheddar
- -Half a cup of fat-free milk
- a Quarter Cup of Butter Unsalted
- minus 1 big egg
- minus 1 teaspoon of salt
- -One-half of a teaspoon of dry mustard
- a quarter of a teaspoon of pepper
- Cooked and drained elbow macaroni 1 1/2 cups
- Have a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven ready. Prepare a muffin tin by greasing it with butter or cooking spray.
- Pasta should be prepared in accordance with package directions. Then, flush the system with cold water.
- Combine the cooked noodles, cheese, milk, eggs, and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Spoon the mixture to about three-quarters of the top of each muffin cup.
- Muffins should be baked for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden and firm in the middle. Keep it hot!
Advice on Making Adjustments to the Recipe
Try this healthier mac and cheese muffin recipe as an alternative to traditional mac and cheese. Protein and fiber are abundant in this recipe, and it can be altered to suit individual preferences.
The ingredients for these muffins are:
Elbow macaroni, one cup, cooked
1/3 cup of crumbled cheddar
Milk, Fat-Free, 1/4 Cup
A single egg white
A Pinch of Salt
a tablespoon of melted butter or margarine
a half a cup of 100% whole wheat flour
Details on the Recipe’s Nutritional Values
Assuming you’re looking for “healthier-mac-and-cheese-muffins recipe to check in” as the title of a blog post’s content section:
These muffins are a wonderful substitute for traditional macaroni and cheese. They’re high in protein and fiber thanks to the use of Greek yogurt and whole wheat flour in their preparation. And at only 200 calories a pop, you can enjoy one without feeling guilty.
Macaroni and cheese muffins are a quick, healthy, and convenient way to mix up your regular meal routine. This recipe can easily be modified to be even more nutritious without sacrificing any of the deliciousness. In 2023, you can use these guidelines to perfect your own mac and cheese muffin recipe.