Making burgers has never been simpler or tastier than with this One Pan French Onion Burger Recipe. Reduce the number of pots and pans you have to wash by cooking the onions alongside the burgers. This dish works equally well for a weeknight dinner and for company.
French Onion Burger
- 1 lb. of ground beef step 2
- 3.5 ounces of finely chopped onion
- 4 a pinch of garlic powder
- Five a pinch of salt
- Add a pinch of black pepper number 6
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Eighth two cups of sliced onion
- Count nine: 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- Ten: Beef broth one cup
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce to taste, with 12 dashes
- 13 Toast and butter 4 hamburger buns
- Initiate 375°F oven temperature (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in the onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn golden brown.
- Third, put in the ground beef and cook it, breaking it up as it cooks, until it's no longer pink.
- If you don't want any extra fat, remove it from the pan. Mix in the garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Fifth, line a baking sheet with hamburger buns, then fill them with the beef mixture and cheese slices.
- Wait 10 to 12 minutes in the oven for the cheese to melt and become bubbly. Start serving right away.
Methods for Cooking the Meal
You should start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and gathering the ingredients you’ll need. Then, get a pan going over medium heat. When the pan is hot, you should add oil to it. The next step is to slice your onion thinly and add it to the pan. Stirring occasionally, brown and caramelise the onions to a golden hue. About 15 minutes is needed for this.
When the onions are done cooking, take them out of the pan and place them in a bowl. The next step is to brown the ground beef in the skillet. After the beef has finished cooking, remove any accumulated fat from the pan. After a minute, stir in the garlic and continue cooking the beef.
It’s burger time, so get to it! Place a cooked patty, some caramelised onions, cheese, and other toppings (if using) on each bun (ketchup, mustard, etc.). Once the cheese is melted, set the burgers on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
How to Make the Perfect Burgers
There are a few things you can do to guarantee a perfect burger every time, no matter how you like it cooked. Our best burger-making advice is as follows:
For the tastiest, most juicy burgers, use freshly ground beef. Beef should be ground at home using a food processor or meat grinder if at all possible. Otherwise, visit your nearest supermarket in search of freshly ground beef.
Before cooking, make sure to season the beef well with salt and pepper. The meat will retain its flavour and moisture thanks to this.
Before cooking, season the beef with minced onion, garlic, or herbs for enhanced flavour.
Make sure your burgers don’t dry out or shrink too much while cooking by shaping them into 1/2-inch thick patties and packing them loosely.
Do not press down on the burgers with a spatula while they are cooking on the grill or in a skillet. The meat will become dry and tasteless if you do this. In its place, you should leave them alone to brown on one side before flipping them over to do the same on the other.
Substitutes for French Onion Burgers
There are many other burger recipes available besides the French Onion Burger. Some of our favourites are listed below.
First, the traditional American burger, which is both delicious and versatile. You can customise it however you like by adding sauces and garnishes.
The second option is the Veggie Burger, which is a fantastic substitute for meat. Veggie burgers are widely available and can be purchased at any grocery store or health food store.
Third, the Turkey Patty: The turkey burger is a great way to cut back on the fat but still enjoy all your favourite burger flavours.