Indulge in this hearty chicken gnocchi soup this winter. It’s surprisingly tasty for how simple it is to prepare. In addition, it’s a fantastic method for recycling previously cooked chicken.
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- fl. oz. 14 ml.
- :1 diced onion
- Three minced garlic cloves
- Two carrots peeled and chopped
- Two diced celery stalks
- One pound of chicken breasts skin removed and cut into small pieces.
- -Seasonal pinches of salt and black pepper
- Four cups of chicken stock
- Diced tomatoes one (14.5 ounce) can, undrained
- -1 thawed and drained 10-ounce package of frozen spinach
- -1 gnocchi package 16 ounces
- Have a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven ready.
- Chicken and gnocchi should be browned in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and celery until they are tender.
- Bring to a simmer after adding the broth, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Soup should be thickened and gnocchi should be done after 10 minutes of cooking.
- Parmesan cheese gratings and crusty bread on the side, please.
How to Make the Perfect Bowl of Soup
Soup is the ideal wintertime dish because it is simple to prepare, filling, and warm. This recipe for creamy chicken and gnocchi soup can be made in just one pot, and the whole family will love it. For the best soup ever, follow these guidelines:
1. Get your footing solid.
2. Make sure to use fresh food. Soup is at its best when made with fresh ingredients like vegetables, herbs, and chicken. You can use frozen gnocchi as a substitute for fresh gnocchi if you can’t find any. Make sure to follow the package instructions for cooking time and temperature before adding it to the soup.
3. Soup vegetables should be cooked through but still retain some texture. So watch out that you don’t overcook them in the beginning when you’re sautéing them.
4. The cream should be added last. The soup can be thickened and given a more robust flavor by using cream as the final ingredient. For the best results, substitute the coconut milk in this recipe for full-fat half-and-half.
5 Add salt and pepper to taste. Season your soup to taste; remember that a pinch more salt and pepper can make a world of difference.
Adjustments and Changes
You’ll want to make this soup again and again because it’s so tasty and simple to prepare. It’s a one-pot meal, so there’s very little dishwashing involved. If you’re bored with the same old thing, try one of these alternatives.
Gnocchi soup can be made heartier by including chopped kale or spinach.
Substitute shrimp or diced tofu for the chicken.
Gnocchi can be replaced with any other type of potato. Simply modify the cooking time to reflect the change.
Are you out of heavy cream? Not at all! Use whole milk, half-and-half, or a non-dairy alternative like almond or coconut milk.
Data on Dietary Supplements
This easy-to-make chicken gnocchi soup can be served as a light but filling weeknight dinner. This healthy and delicious soup will quickly become a household staple.
Chicken breasts, gnocchi, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, milk, and chicken broth are the main ingredients in this soup. Pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese are used as seasonings. This soup is rich and satisfying without being heavy or unhealthy. Both protein and fiber can be found in abundance in it.
Easy, delicious, and comforting, this One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup requires only one pot and a few simple ingredients. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in with family or friends, thanks to the rich broth, tender chicken, and pillowy gnocchi. We had a lot of fun making this soup and hope you did, too! Leave your thoughts in the section below.