Wintertime is the perfect time to enjoy a batch of Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies. The combination of cocoa and peppermint gives you a one-of-a-kind taste sensation.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies
- -1 and a half cups plain flour
- -1 milliliter of vanilla extract
- -One-Fourth Measurement Of Salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks of room-temperature, unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar granulated
- -2 room-temperature extra-large eggs
- Extract of pure vanilla 1 teaspoon
- -2 cups of chocolate chips semisweet
- 1 cup of crushed peppermint candies
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees F. Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line a baking sheet.
- Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt should all be combined in a medium bowl and whisked together.
- Lighten up the butter and sugar by whipping them together in a big bowl. Add the eggs one at a time while beating, and then mix in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones little by little and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the candy mints.
- Measure out the dough using a tablespoon and place it on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are set and firm to the touch. After 5 minutes, remove cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ingredients may be changed or swapped out.
Almost any of the ingredients could be replaced with something else. You can use any kind of unsweetened cocoa powder for the cocoa powder. You can substitute vanilla extract or another type of mint extract for the peppermint extract. Peppermint oil can be substituted for the extract if you don’t have any on hand. Any kind of chocolate chip would work, or even just some chopped up chocolate, for the chocolate chips.
Advice on how to perfect those cookies in the oven
1. If you’re going to bake cookies, one of the most important things you can do is to make sure they’re all the same size. This will ensure that they bake uniformly, without any scorched or underdone spots.
2. Make sure all of your cookies are the same size by using a biscuit scoop. It also aids in containing their spread as they bake.
3. Cookies are easier to handle and bake more evenly when baked on parchment paper. It eliminates the risk of sticking and facilitates quick cleanup.
4. Make sure the cookies are completely cool before icing them, as this will ensure that the frosting goes on smoothly and professionally. If you don’t, your frosting will melt and be unevenly applied.
Tips for adorning and serving the cookies
To give the cookies a holiday feel, try sprinkling them with red and green sugar.
-Place a blob of whipped cream and a mini marshmallow on top of each biscuit for an indulgent finish.
The cookies and cocoa are the perfect combination for a cozy winter evening.
Cookies made with peppermint-hot cocoa mix are a simple and tasty way to celebrate the holiday season. The aroma of chocolate, peppermint, and hot cocoa cooking is intoxicating. In addition, the crushed sweets canes add a delightful crunch to the cookies. Freshly baked peppermint-hot cocoa cookies can be yours in no time at all with just a few easy steps and ingredients. Get out your measuring cups and biscuit cutters; you won’t want to wait until 2023 to try this biscuit recipe.