Quick, easy and packed with cheese, these Pizza Pinwheels are a fan favorite Game-Day snack everyone can enjoy. Seriously, these are crazy good right out of the oven (melted cheese anyone??) but, even cold, they’re incredibly tasty, making them the perfect treat to bring to any tailgate.
They also use only 5 ingredients, take almost no time (or skill) to make and come out just pretty enough to impress your pickiest eaters. Whether you’re team deep dish or you have good taste (just teasing…), you have to give these a try.
Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 roll reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 2 Roll out your crescent dough. Take each set of two triangles and pinch together at the seams to create 4 rectangles (see below photos)
- Step 3 Spread pizza sauce evenly across the rectangles, leaving about ½ an inch around the edges dry
- Step 4 Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan evenly over sauce. Add garlic powder and crushed red pepper
- Step 5 Roll each rectangle to create 4 logs (see below photos)
- Step 6 Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, this will make slicing much easier
- Step 7 Slice each log into 4-5 pieces (see below photos)
- Step 8 Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Space pinwheels evenly across sheet, leaving some room on all sides as they will expand when cooking
- Step 9 Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until dough is cooked and the bottoms of the pinwheels are lightly browned
You definitely don’t want to deal with the mess you’ll have if you don’t freeze these before slicing! I often prepare these a day or two ahead of time, put them in the freezer and then, day of, I only need to slice and bake.
I measured everything out to give readers an idea of amounts but I honestly tend to just eye ball these! Personally, I like to really cover mine with sauce and garlic but you can also up the mozzarella for a cheesier treat.