This vegetarian enchilada bake is a great option for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. It takes less than an hour to prepare and is loaded with vegetables. It’s also tasty and nutritious.
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Enchilada Bake
- This dish has a lot of flavor but is low in fat and calories. Spices are added to a pot of simmering pinto beans onions, bell peppers, corn, and diced tomatoes. After that, the ingredients are stuffed into whole wheat tortillas and baked until bubbly. Add some pizzazz by topping with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Oil should be heated over medium heat in a large skillet. After about 5 minutes, add the onions and cook until they've softened. Cook for one more minute after adding garlic and stirring. After about 5 minutes, add mushrooms and cook until they're tender.
- Mix in the corn, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, and black beans. The recommended cooking time is 5 minutes at a simmer.
- Combine everything and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Mix in cheese and olives to the tortillas.
- Melt the cheese in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Wait 5 minutes to serve after cooling.
Adjustments and Changes
There are countless ways to customize this dish to your personal preferences and available ingredients. You can substitute other beans for the black beans if you like. Substitute corn tortillas for flour ones. Can’t stand the heat? If you prefer your enchiladas on the milder side, omit the diced green chiles. Like it a little less steamy? If the enchilada sauce is too salty, use less of it or drain some of it off before adding it. Cheese, avocado, sour cream, and/or chopped green onions are great toppings.
Data on Dietary Supplements
The nutritional value of your food is a major factor to think about when trying to maintain a healthy diet. This quick and simple vegetarian enchilada bake is a great way to get more nutrients into your diet and maintain your health and vitality.
This dish is an excellent way to get your daily dose of protein, fiber, and vitamins A and C. Filling ingredients like black beans and corn are high in fiber, while protein and calcium can be found in the cheese and sour cream. The lycopene in the sauce’s tomatoes has been linked to a lower risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Hints and Techniques
To ensure that your enchiladas always come out delicious, follow these guidelines:
Before putting the enchiladas together, make sure your oven is preheated. This will make sure they bake uniformly throughout.
For the best results, use warm, freshly made tortillas. To make pre-packaged tortillas more manageable, warm them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Put some of your preferred veggies and cheese in a tortilla and roll it up.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over the enchiladas and pop them back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese for a cheesy finish. Enjoy while hot.
This vegetarian enchilada bake is quick and simple to prepare, making it ideal for a satisfying weeknight meal. It’s nutrient dense and bursting with flavorful vegetables. In addition, there is little in the way of preparation, and everything can be done in a single casserole. This vegetarian enchilada bake is delicious and nutritious, and it only takes a few minutes to put together.