For a simple and tasty weeknight dinner, try this recipe for prawn spaghetti with a light tomato cream sauce. The prawn are cooked right in the sauce, which is made with tomatoes, cream, garlic, and white wine. This would be delicious and nutritious atop your preferred pasta.
A simple weeknight dinner doesn’t get much better than this prawn spaghetti with a tomato cream sauce. It’s simple to prepare and bursting with flavor. Intriguing, right? It’s a one-pot wonder!
The first step is to collect all of the necessary supplies. Diced tomatoes, tomato paste, heavy cream, garlic, shallots, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes are all required for the sauce. Spaghetti, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and prawn are all you need to make this dish.
When you have everything you need, you can begin preparing the meal. First, bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove. Start prepping the sauce while it heats up. Dice the tomatoes and add them along with the tomato paste and heavy cream to a large skillet or sauté pan.
Shrimp Spaghetti in Light Tomato Cream Sauce
- Spaghetti 1/2 pound
- A Half Cup of Olive Oil
- Chopped Onion About a Cupful
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- A pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- oregano dried, one-fourth teaspoon
- a dash of salt and pepper
- Diced tomatoes one (14.5 ounce) can, undrained
- Tomato paste 3 table spoons
- 14 cup of the good stuff
- Peeled and deveined 12 large shrimp
- Three Tablespoons of Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Set oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- To cook the spaghetti, first bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Pasta should be prepared al dente, as directed on the package.
- In the meantime, bring the olive oil to temperature in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook the shrimp and garlic for three minutes, or until the shrimp turn opaque.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the tomato sauce and cream.
- The spaghetti should be drained before being added to the shrimp sauce in the frying pan.
- Mix well, then spread in a baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
- As soon as possible, serve, and top with parsley if desired.
Suggestions Guaranteeing Success
There are a few tricks to mastering prawn spaghetti that will guarantee deliciousness every time. Use only the freshest prawn possible. If you need to use frozen shrimp, thaw it thoroughly before cooking. Second, prepare the pasta al dente as directed on the package. Doing so will prevent it from turning to mush when mixed with the sauce. Finally, watch the shrimp closely so they don’t get overcooked. The shrimp are done when they turn pink and are just slightly firm to the touch. They will become tough and rubbery if overcooked. If you follow my advice, your prawn spaghetti will be a hit with the whole family.
Tips for the Service
This recipe for prawn spaghetti in a light tomato cream sauce is versatile and delicious. Use it as a sauce or gravy base in other recipes, or serve it with crusty bread for dipping.
For starters, consider these serving suggestions:
Top with cooked rice or pasta and serve.
Vegetables (grilled or sautéed) as a topping.
Sprinkle on some pesto or your favorite fresh herb sauce.
Shaved Parmesan or crumbled feta cheese make excellent toppings.
Adjustments and Changes
You can use chicken or beef instead of shrimp if you don’t have any on hand. Vegetables like mushrooms and courgette can be added for those who prefer a meatless meal. Simply swap out the pasta for a gluten-free option.
If you don’t have any heavy cream on hand, you can substitute milk for it in the tomato cream sauce. Add some red pepper flakes or extra garlic if you like things on the spicy side.
Facts About Nutrition
The ingredients in this recipe for prawn spaghetti with a light tomato cream sauce are:
8 grams of saturated fat
NaCl Content: 784mg
42g of Carbohydrates
5 Gigabits per second of Fibre
-10 grams of sugar
Total Protein: 22g
To that end, here’s a recipe for a quick and easy Italian meal: prawn spaghetti with a light tomato cream sauce. It’s a simple way to wow your loved ones with a dish that’s scrumptious, healthy, and flavorful. It’s not complete without freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top. Have a nice meal!